TBL DECLARATION OF THE SECOND INTERIM DIVIDEND IN F16
The Board has approved the payment of Tsh.300/= per share as the 2nd interim dividend in F16.Pursuant to the dividend payment declaration, the Share Register details shall remain as follows:
Closure of the Members Register : 10th December, 2015
Trading of Shares cum Dividend : 13th November, 2015 to 4th December, 2015
Trading of shares Ex Dividend : 7th December, 2015
RE – ADVERTIZED PRIVATE SECTOR COMPETITIVENESS PROJECT (PSCP) CREDIT NUMBER 41360-TA REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO ASSIST IN INTRODUCING NEW PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AT THE DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE (DSE)
- This request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) of this project that appeared in the Development Business, issue no. 10944 of July 3rd 2013.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has secured funds from International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Private Sector Competitiveness Project (PSCP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds be applied to eligible payments under the contract for introducing new products and services at the Dar es salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE PLC)
- This assignment will entail a broader thinking with a focus on the current and future plans, strategies and status of the DSE while also considering the external environment such as Government policies, legal & regulatory framework, and regionalization and integration initiatives. To achieve this, the consultant is expected among others, to undertake the following activities:
- Review DSE’s current products and services, legal & regulatory framework, infrastructure & systems, governing and operating rules;
- Involve and engage key stakeholders in identifying and developing new products for the exchange;
- Recommend an array of new products and services;
- Develop and recommend new operating and governing rules and procedures for new products and services;
- Recommend specific new laws and regulations or amendments to the existing legal and regulatory framework to accommodate new products and services, conduct consultations with the key stakeholders on the proposal, and develop agreed upon draft laws/regulations/rules or amendments;
- Develop and conduct training program(s) and awareness-building relating to new products and services to key stakeholders;
- Recommend improvements/changes/upgrades in the platforms and/ or systems; and
- Impart knowledge to the DSE staff through on-the-job training.
- Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC now invites eligible consulting firms to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must submit their expression of interest in English language giving clear information on the legal status of the firm, their professional capability to perform the services. Such information may include description of assignment of the similar nature and complexity carried out during the past five years, Availability of appropriate qualifications and skills among staff, related work experience of the firm and of the available staff.
- A short list of consulting firms will be prepared on the basis of Expressions of Interest submitted to the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC in writing. The selection of a consultant will be in accordance with procedures set out by the World Bank Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004 revised October 2006; Consultants Qualifications (CQS)
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address given below between 8.30 hours and 16.30 hours, Monday – Friday inclusive, exclusive of public holidays, before the deadline for the submission of Expression of Interest.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below on or before Friday, February 6th 2016 at 5.00pm local time.
- Expressions of Interest in writing, with corporate capability statement should be sent to:-
Postal: Secretary, Tender Board,
Procurement Management Unit,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC,
P.O. Box 70081,
Dar es Salaam,
Physical: 14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers,
Dar es Salaam.
Telephone No: +255 22 2123983
Fax No: +255 22 2133849
The Board of Directors of Swissport tanzania Plc is please to announce the audited financial results for the year ended 31 December 2015. During the year, total revenues increased by 29% to TAS 57,356Million as compared to 2014. A net profit of TAS 18,137Million was achieved recording 40% growth when compared to the previous year. This good performance is mainly attributed to increased traffic, the use of bigger aircraft by our airline customers, foreign exchange gains and strict cost control.
New Import Cargo Warehouse
We have just started incrimental migration into the new warehouse and we recently commisioned equipment that is to be used in the facility. Full migration is expected to be in May 2016.
The expansion of and Installation of product compartments in the current export cargo cold storage facility at JNIA has been completed. This has significantly improved our capacity to handle perishable cargo. the foregoing developments are expected to enhance the equality of services offered to our cargo customers.
The Board is delighted to announce the final dividend of TAS 8,936M or TAS 248.22 per issued and fully paid share. An interim dividend of TAS 5,574M or TAS 154.84 per share was paid in November 2015 making the total dividend for the year to be TAS 14,510M or TAS 403.06 per issued and paid up share (2014: TAS 10,351M or TAS 287.50 per share). Pursuant to this declaration, the share register will be closed on 1 April 2016 and the last day of trading cum dividend shall be 29 March 2016. The final dividend will be paid out on or about 24 May 2016.
FROM MWANANCHI Newspaper (Tanzania Local Newspaper) 8 March 2016
Extracts of Financial Statements
Despite a challenging operating environment, as evidenced by: a weak Shilling against the US Dollar, the growing trading trade in illicit tobacco products; consumers down trading to lower margin brands and a more restrictive regulatory environment, we delivered good results for the year ended December 31 December 2015.
Results for the Year
We grew total volume by 3% (domestic market: +2% and export market : +5%); increase our domestic market share by 0.4% despite growing competition from local and imported products, and managed to reduce the pace of consumer down-trading while up trading some consumers. In addition, we restructured our organization to become more efficient and effective.
these achievements are reflected in our results for the year. Gross turnover increased 7.6% on prior year to TZS 496.7 billion. We achieved net sales of TZS 300.6 billion, 5.9% up on prior year. we deliverd TZS 179.0 Billion in gross profit, an increase of 4.3 year-on-year. And we achieved a profit before tax TZS 97.3 Billion, broadly similar to that in 2014. In addition, we paid TZS 228.7 Billion in VAT, excise and corporate tax, an increase of 10% compared to 2014.
Net profit for the was 4.2% lower than prior year to TZS 65.7 Billioon due to: the negative impact of foreign exchange rate on our imported raw materials; the one-off costs related to restructuring and the amicable settlement of a legal case.
Excluding the above one-off costs, normal operating expenses declined by 7% on prior year as a result of effective cost management and operational efficiency.
In view of the above results , the Board of Directors have recommended a final ordinary gross dividend of TZS 200 per share (2014: TZS 250 per share) and a special gross dividend of TZS 100 per share (2014:150 per share). With the interim dividend of TZS 300 per share paid in November 2015, the total gross dividend for the year ended December 31 December is TZS 600 per share (2014: TZS 650 per share)
Shares will start trading cum-dividend on February 24, 2016. the last day of trading cum-dividend will be March 14,2016. shares will start trading ex-dividend on March 15, 2016. The register of members will close on march 17, 2016. The final gross ordinary and special dividend will be paid on or about April 12, 2016, subject to shareholders approval at the Annual General Meeting to be held on March 23,2016.
The Board proposes a dividendd for 2015 of TZS 306 per share. This represents an increase of 14.6% compared to 2014 amount of TZS 267 per share. The proposed dividend includes two interim amounts of TZS 96 per share and TZS 111 per share paid in October 2015 and February 2016 respectively.
The register of members will close on 4 May 2016. The last day of trading cum dividend will be on 29 April 2016. The last dividend of TZS 100 per share will be paid on about 30 June 2016.
Source: Daily News Monday April 11, 2016